Sunday, September 19, 2010

Is a blog the best medium for what I value doing?

Over the past two weeks, I've been thinking, talking with others, and (and praying a little) about this blog. After asking myself the question, "what should this blog be about?" I could only think about one unique reason to blog. One thing I value is sitting around the table or living room and talking about business. What if I started an ongoing conversation and brainstorm about creating Christian businesses? If any, this would by reason.

I discerned that I do not want to blog. Three reasons:

1. A blog is probably not the best medium to have an ongoing conversation. In fact, it takes a long time to develop followers. Even distinguished bloggers may receive few comments, and rarely helpful or relevant comments. Someone told me that blogging should be intrinsically valuable; whereas I would be dependent on others to have a good conversation, and my expectations may lead to disappointment.
2. I do not have any practical, real life experiences to create a blog about Christian businesses. I feel like I need to learn more about this subject first before writing anything substantial. There are other great blogs that cover Christian finances and small business.
3. There are more intrinsically valuable works that I want to pursue. This year I will be working with the Action division in the People of Praise, here in South Bend. Working with young men will be my joy.

I think I will let this blog hibernate again, unless I find good reason. Thanks for reading, and sorry for anticlimactic end.
All for Jesus and his kingdom!